Suffering from back pain can wreak havoc on your life. It can limit your mobility and restrict you from being able to do day to day normal functions. Your overall quality of life can suffer greatly if you are constantly battling with pain in your back. It can affect men and women of any age and can be caused by a wide range of things. If you suffer from back pain, you are not alone. About 80% of adults have experienced back pain at some point in their life. KureSmart Pain Management in Waldorf, MD is here to help you find relief from your back pain. Stop wondering if it will ever go away and call us to see what treatment will work for you.
Causes of Back Pain
Pain in your back can abruptly start due to an accident or incorrectly lifting heavy objects or it can develop over time due to aging or years of bad habits. Most causes are mechanical in nature. Overstretching, lifting heavy object incorrectly, bad posture, or trauma like car accidents can cause many conditions that will lead to back pain. Some mechanical causes of pain in your back include:
Herniated (Ruptured) Discs – Discs provide flexibility in the back and act as shock absorbers for the many bones we use every day. A herniated disc occurs when a disc in the backbone becomes damaged or ruptured. The location of the pain usually pinpoints which disc is herniated.
Disc Displacement – A spinal disc provides cushioning from daily activity while keeping the vertebrae separated. When a disc becomes displaced, that means it has fallen out of its alignment in the backbone. It is no longer able to function in the spine and daily tasks can become painful from lack of cushioning.
Sciatica – The sciatic nerve runs from your lower back through to your legs. Sciatica pain is caused when the nerve roots based in the sciatic nerve are irritated or compressed.
Spinal stenosis – Spinal stenosis can cause chronic pain. It occurs in the back when space begins to narrow. This leads to pressure placed on the nerves, joints, and discs in the backbone
Irregular Curvature of spine and Scoliosis – Over time, discs and joints are unable to support the spine’s normal posture and the spine will begin to curve. The actual irregular curve is not what causes the pain. The pain is a result of stressed joints and pinched nerves. Scoliosis is a side-to-side irregular curvature of the spine.
Sometimes back pain can is caused by diseases or other underlying issues such as arthritis, osteoporosis, endometriosis, or fibromyalgia. Degenerative disc disease occurs in the spine when the disc’s age begins the process of degeneration. Other conditions we treat include: post laminectomy syndrome, facet joint syndrome, and pinched nerves.
Types of Back Pain
- Middle and Upper Back Pain: Upper back pain is not as common as lower back pain. It can be caused by poor posture, improper lifting, trauma, repeated motion, or simply just sleeping in a bad position. These strains and sprains will cause overuse or overextension of the spine.
- Lower Back Pain: Lower back pain has many people rushing to the doctor every day. The cause of pain in the low back is often hard to pinpoint since it is so common and can be a result of many thing. Most low back issues are caused by injury, aging, herniated disc, arthritis, sickness, or issues with the spine you were born with.
- Pain in the Spine: Pain in the spine refers to a widespread area, with pain manifesting itself in the back. Pain in the spine can be isolated to one of the following regions, or present in several or all of them: Cervical (neck region), Thoracic (middle back), Lumbar (lower back), Sacral (hip/pelvic area).
Back Pain Treatment in Waldorf, MD
KureSmart Pain Managment of Waldorf, MD provides minimally invasive back pain management services as well as pain therapy treatments. Our highly trained staff of doctors offer diagnostic consultation and personalized treatment planning for relief from chronic back pain. The treatments we offer include:
- Facet joint injections
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Selective Nerve Block treatment
- Spinal cord stimulators
- Trigger point injections
- Epidural Injections
Schedule an Appointment
If you are suffering from persistent back pain, it’s time to let the back pain specialists at KureSmart Pain Management help you find some relief. We serve patients in Annapolis, MD, Chestertown, MD, Easton, MD, Fort Washington, MD, Glen Burnie, MD, Kent Island, MD, Laurel, MD, Leonardtown, MD, Olney, MD, Bowie, MD, Waldorf, MD, Dundalk, MD, Dunkirk, MD, Germantown, MD, Catonsville, MD, Mt. Airy, MD, Owings Mills, MD, Towson, MD, Westminster, MD, White Marsh, MD as well as in Dover, DE, South Lyon, MI, and Novi, MI. Call one of our many office locations today or schedule an appointment online.