Most people at one point in their life or are currently suffering from back pain. The back pain can range anywhere from mild to severe. Most people who suffer from back pain will first visit their primary care physician seeking treatment. If your back pain is resistant to that initial treatment, it might be time to visit the spine specialists at KureSmart Pain Management in Germantown, MD. Back pain is a common complaint among our patients especially age 35-55 years of age, but can affect people of all ages.
Types and Causes of Back Pain
There are several types of back pain including lower, upper, and middle back pain. Lower back is the most common type of back pain we treat at KureSmart Pain Management in Germantown, MD and occurs for a number of reasons. Middle and upper back pain are less common and most likely caused by injury, muscle strain or poor posture. Back pain can range from mild to severe. Typically, back pain will resolve itself in about a week. But if your symptoms are persistent and they are coupled with other bodily changes, fever, swelling, heat or redness, it’s time to see your primary care physician as soon as possible. If that initial treatment does not help, you will be referred to our office to consult with a back pain specialist. Other causes of back pain include:
- A serious fall or car accident
- Muscle and ligament strain
- Ruptured or herniated discs
- Irregular Curvature of spine
- Spinal stenosis
- Muscle tension
- Frequent sneezing or coughing when you’re very sick
- Poor posture
- A number of illnesses or diseases such as: paget’s disease of bone, ankylosing spondylitis, spine cancer, Cauda equina syndrome, degenerative disc disease, infections (including pelvic inflammatory disease and spine, bladder, and kidney infections), shingles, or sleep disorders.
- Everyday activities that put too much stress on your back and neck including: lifting heavy items, bending or twisting awkwardly, pushing or pulling or carrying heavy loads, standing for a long period of time, sitting at your computer too long, or driving for long periods of time.
Back Pain Treatments in Germantown, MD
Let us help you live more comfortably and pain-free! KureSmart Pain Management in Germantown, MD is a comprehensive, full-time pain medicine practice. We strive to provide outstanding patient care and excellent service. Our pain specialists at our chronic pain relief centers can help you with your back pain. In order to treat your back pain, our back pain specialists will need to pin-point the cause of your back pain. We will then create a treatment plan to help you find relief. Our team of highly trained pain management doctors helps patients to manage and reduce their back pain through personalized care that utilizes minimally invasive, non-pharmaceutical treatment options. Our back pain doctors have over 25 years of combined experience. Our consultative approach to back pain management helps patients find treatment options that provide long-term relief from debilitating pain.
Schedule an Appointment
If you are suffering from persistent back pain, it’s time to let the back pain specialists at KureSmart Pain Management help you find some relief. We serve patients in Annapolis, MD, Chestertown, MD, Easton, MD, Fort Washington, MD, Glen Burnie, MD, Kent Island, MD, Laurel, MD, Leonardtown, MD, Olney, MD, Bowie, MD, Waldorf, MD, Dundalk, MD, Dunkirk, MD, Germantown, MD as well as in Dover, DE, and Novi, MI. Call one of our many office locations today or schedule an appointment online.
19851 Observation Dr, Suite 360,
Germantown, MD 20876
Office: 443-693-PAIN (7246)