The spine, located in your back, is made up of a pillar of bones called vertebrae. The vertebrae are held together by muscles and ligaments. The most common cause of back pain is a strain to those muscles or ligaments. Years of bad habits and posture, lack of consistent exercise, and improper lifting can cause strain to those muscles and ligaments. Being obese or even just overweight will increase your chances of straining those muscles and ligaments as well. Back pain can also be a result of a more serious injury, accident, or even a disease.
Types of Back Pain and Causes
There are several types of back pain including lower, upper, and middle back pain. Lower back is the most common type of back pain we treat at KureSmart Pain Management Chestertown, MD and occurs for a number of reasons. Middle and upper back pain are less common and most likely caused by injury, muscle strain or poor posture. Back pain can range from mild to severe. Typically, back pain will resolve itself in about a week. But if your symptoms are persistent and they are coupled with other bodily changes, fever, swelling, heat or redness, it’s time to schedule an appointment with a back pain specialist at our Chestertown, MD office. Other causes of back pain include:
- A serious fall or car accident
- Muscle and ligament strain
- Ruptured or bulging discs
- Herniated Discs
- Irregular Curvature of spine
- Spinal stenosis
- Muscle tension
- Frequent sneezing or coughing when you’re very sick
- Poor posture
- A number of illnesses or diseases such as Paget’s disease of bone, ankylosing spondylitis, spine cancer, Cauda equina syndrome, infections (including pelvic inflammatory disease and spine, bladder, and kidney infections), shingles, or sleep disorders.
- Everyday activities that put too much stress on your back and neck including lifting heavy items, bending or twisting awkwardly, pushing or pulling or carrying heavy loads, standing for a long period of time, sitting at your computer too long, or driving for long periods of time.
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment for the back is dependent on the person and the cause of the back pain. Our back pain specialist at KureSmartPain Management in Chestertown, MD will perform a thorough examination of the patient in order to determine what is causing the pain. In addition to treating back pain, we also provide relief from muscle spasms and work and auto accidents. Our treatments include:
- Facet joint injections
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Trigger point injections
- Epidural Injections
- Botox Injections
Workers Comp Patients
KureSmart Pain Management Chestertown, MD accepts workers compensation if you are unfortunately injured on a job site. We will accept your claim even if it is still being disputed in order to help you get back on your feet as soon as possible. One of our back pain specialists will work with you to help develop a treatment plan to help you manage your back pain.
Schedule an Appointment
If you are suffering from persistent back pain, it’s time to let the back pain specialists at KureSmart Pain Management help you find some relief. We serve patients in Annapolis, MD, Chestertown, MD, Easton, MD, Fort Washington, MD, Glen Burnie, MD, Kent Island, MD, Laurel, MD, Leonardtown, MD, Olney, MD, Waldorf, MD as well as in Dover, DE, and Novi, MI. Call one of our many office locations today or schedule an appointment online.
6602 Church Hill Rd. Suite 550
Chestertown, MD 21620
Phone & Fax
Please call for appointment info
Billing & Insurance Questions